For many families in our community, Christmas Eve is a special time of worship by candlelight. Even with Covid-19 restrictions, Taos First Baptist wants to continue this tradition in 2020.
In order to comply with building usage declarations, we will have Christmas Eve Candlelight Services by reservation. This will keep our attendance below 25% occupancy.
Our services will be 30-40 minutes in length, and a beautiful time of carols, candles, and the Christmas story. Everyone is welcome to attend, by reservation. The service is appropriate for children to attend with their parents (note: we will have live-flame candles).
We will have a service every 90 minutes, as needed, beginning at 4:30 PM on December 24.
UPDATE – 4:15PM DECEMBER 24 – IF YOU WANT TO COME WITHOUT A RESERVATION, THE 7:30 SERVICE IS RECOMMENDED. COME JOIN US!
- 4:30 PM – Full
- 6:00 PM – Almost full
- 7:30 PM – Open – Recommended for best social distancing.
- Please use the registration form below to ensure proper social distancing.
- We will cancel a service in which a minimum of 15 people have not made reservations. If your service is cancelled, you will be placed in your second choice. You will be notified of any changes.
- When a service fills up, we will close registration for that particular service and make a notation above.
- Please do not hold reservations if you are uncertain about your attendance.
- Our seating will be socially distanced, by family.
- Each participant will be given a new candle, which will be thrown away after use.
- We will have some singing in the service. Use your own discretion in attendance.
- We ask those who are not feeling well or have a fever to avoid attendance, even if you have a reservation and cannot contact us to cancel.
- Public guidelines are in place for mask usage.